1. To abide by the terms of The Constitution, a copy of which can be seen at The Epicentre or on the Christchurch u3a website.
2. Abide by the aims and guiding principles of the u3a Movement and act in its best interest. Treat fellow members with respect at all times. Comply with and support the decisions of the elected Committee.
3. Please ONLY enrol in a group if you are able to ATTEND REGULARLY (allowing for illness, holiday, etc.). There is no requirement to attend all sessions, but you are expected to come as often as you can.
4. Please do not enrol in two groups on the same subject.
5. As a matter of courtesy, please make every effort to CONTACT THE GROUP LEADER if you are unable to attend a group meeting.
6. If you miss three sessions without advising the Group Leader, YOU MAY LOSE YOUR PLACE (which may be re-assigned to another member), especially if the group is already over-subscribed.
7. If you decide to withdraw from a group at any time during the year, PLEASE ADVISE the Group Leader, so that your place can be re-assigned. Please also advise the leader if you no longer wish to be on a waiting list.
Anyone participating in u3a activities does so at his/her own risk and is not covered by personal accident insurance. Any injury to members or damage to personal property resulting from another member's omission or negligence is covered. If classes are held in a private house, the same applies - injury or damage caused by a member's negligence or omission is covered. If injury/damage results from a defect in the property then the householder's insurance is responsible.